View Single Post
      03-12-2023, 01:28 PM   #44
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_H_ View Post
The satin bronze in 9" is new, going to the group buy before it goes on the site.

My initial order was for the 9" but after looking at the test fitments APEX posted, I decided the poke of the square 9.5x19 was almost perfect, and that the 255/35 would have slightly less poke so fender clearance wouldn't be an issue, and I really prefer the deep face concavity of the 9.5" to medium of the 9".

As far as weight, I toyed with going with the 9" all around with a 13mm spacer to get a little more front poke, finding the weight of a spacer is a real challenge but what I found is those are at least 8 ounces each, while 9.5" wheel only weighs 4 ounces more, I decided it was a compromise I could live with.

I anticipate that there will be more feedback on real world use of 265/35 and if I decide to pursue that on the next set, the 9.5" is the ideal size for that.

You're correct I not only reversed the offset, I also used the reversed offset to calculate fitment. The correct fitment with the APEX and 255/35 is .1" closer to fender top of tire, .2" closer to suspension and only .2" more poke on the outside (not much, but noticeable).
Yeah, the deeper concavity is the main reason I wanted the 9.5".

I see you're in MD. I drove the M240i to Emmitsburg from North Texas and back a couple weeks ago - 3,500 miles and nearly all backroads. I bought winter tires just for that trip and Maryland ended up having record heat.
Appreciate 0