View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 08:43 PM   #2
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj100 View Post
6 months in and I can't say I'm in love with my G87. My previous cars were Supra, Giulia QV, F82 M4 and E90 M3. Pretty sure the G87 is my least favorite of the bunch and I keep waiting for my feelings to change. My thoughts (most have already been said by many):

Cons:
  • Default efficient setting for engine/throttle is incredibly lifeless - it should be called Eco
  • Lack of torque under 3500 RPM - I sometimes like to short shift but that's not rewarding with this motor at all (I have the AT)
  • Weight - those who say they don't feel the weight are nuts - this thing is heavy
1. Easy fix - drive in Sport or Sport+. I actually get better mileage in those settings than efficient.

2. "Peak torque comes in at 2,650 rpm and lasts until 5,870 rpm." - bmwblog.com. IND's dyno showed the highest tq output at 3k rpm. The car has plenty of torque down low. Why would you "short shift" an auto?

3. My Z06 is ~3,200 lbs, the G87 is estimated at ~3,800 lbs. My Z has 680 bhp & the M2 rated at 453 bhp (which we know is under estimated). My M2 doesn't feel 600 lb heavier even with 200+ less hp. It's a blast to drive every day & sometimes I prefer it over the Z because the seats are better & I don't have to worry about rowing gears with the auto.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 11