01-18-2023, 08:00 PM   #77
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
The thing about manual vs auto on track for me is; what's the extra three seconds going to get you? A trophy? It's like running a 4hr marathon and then spending 50% more time training to get to 3:30. It just doesn't make sense to invest that kind of effort IMO. Better to keep the manual and enjoy the experience since you won't get anything for your heroism anyway.

This is how I feel. These cars are so dang fast that in an AT to enjoy it you have to drive extremely fast, with a m/t it's solely for fun and I'm willing to be slower(but feel faster). My m/t 72 super beetle is actually more fun than my x3 m40i, because it is engaging. Even if I were to track my car, it would solely be for the fun of doing so, and buying my car with a manual transmission I know I will have slightly slower times.... But 100% more fun.

If someone doesn't enjoy the "work" of going through the gears than the simple argument of "it's faster and more efficient" is very effective. I will admit all day that the m2 is slower than a Tesla plaid s or what ever it's called, but for ME it's more FUN.
Appreciate 6
zero213265.00
aerobod3718.00
bmwdrive464.00
deladude266.00