View Single Post
      09-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #52
GerryM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Doing a fresh car design is nearly impossible. One of's or very limited runs can a design that's unique and perhaps well done. So how hard is to to evolve a design on a mass produced car or car series? Damn hard. Porsche has done the best of any car manufacturer. I'll comment on that in a different post.

The G40 240i is a very well done evolution. IMHO, the G40 M240i is step backwards due to the over use of black and black add-on stuff. I know these elements are meant to make the basic G40 240i look more M aggressive. Really less is better. I like the front splitter is nice. It's flat and doesn't ruin the car's front end design. I would have preferred a color matched splitter with an one inch black front edge The black front triangular vents are terrible. Maybe just having black on two surfaces, inside top an outside side, would work better. The side sticker ruins the car's nice silhouette. It's totally ugly. On top of that, the black side skirts makes the look awkwardly higher from the road when a lower look is a much better look.The black elements on the rear break up a car's design. The spoiler looks tacked on. Color match it again just and have an one inch black edge would've looked better. Now the whole black rear bottom is just to much and what happen to less is more. Oh, they forgot.
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 2
m3less130.00
///M TOWN19152.00