Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Why would the G87 be the last gasoline powered M car? Has this been confirmed by BMW?

I think there's plenty of demand for gasoline powered sports cars, doesn't make sense why BMW wouldn't have at least one ICE M car w/ a stick in its lineup. An M2 makes the most sense to keep the slot filled.
Maybe, maybe not. The 2024 M5 is hybrid, not sure if thats an option or a standard, but I assume the next M3/4 will also be such. Things can change in many way is 7 years when we are talking about the next M2. Who know...
True. As mentioned, I'm hoping there's one M ICE w/ a manual in the lineup at BMW.

I suspect Porsche will have a manual ICE option with a 718 variant, hopefully 911 variant.

Toyota will hopefully keep something available for the next model cycle esp if manual Supra sales are strong. GR Corolla is already a hit as is the GR86. I suspect Mazda will keep a Miata manual around.

With minimal options available, the take rate for manuals should be pretty strong in the few models still offering them. Why lose that market share? There won't be much R&D into new ICE development, but these engines are powerful enough and if all they're doing is tweaking what's already available and restyling the cars every few years I'm happy to have an option from BMW even if the styling is questionable.
You would think the Miata would be the very last manual, gasoline powered vehicle for sale on the market becoming more and more niche but….

https://www.motor1.com/news/515992/n...-electric/amp/
Appreciate 0