View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 01:58 PM   #19
krzysiekF36
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Hi! A little update from my side. I gave up and decided to ignore this noise as all major components have been checked and seemed to be fine. However, last week I was looking for something else related to B47 and found an information that various kind of vibrations/resonance noises is caused by ac pipes, but inside the cabin, not in the engine bay. I took the plastic panel which is above brake/gas pedals off, disconnected footwell light and little speaker (my car is LHD). Above gas pedal, close to the center of the car you will see ac pipes coming into the car. One of them was a bit loose in my case. I bought foam isolation which is used in heating systems for houses 😀 Diameter external is 18mm, for 13mm pipes. I put it on one of the pipes (this one which has longer straight piece) and secured with two zip ties. Total cost was about 1$ and 10 minutes of time, but it worked! Noise is completely reduced even during hard acceleration. I had no idea that two pipes which are not even touching each other can cause such loud and strange buzz. I hope this finding will help someone else too 🙂
Appreciate 0