View Single Post
      10-16-2023, 01:37 AM   #19
pw4
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 230i Msport

Mine updated today - the car started downloading the update itself and just alerted me, ie not via the phone app, but whatever.
  • Sports display on the HUD now interrupts itself* to display navigation instructions. Returns to sports display when the turn is made. Handy. Could be a bit annoying if the sports display was more useful though.
  • The updated colours on the nav are a huge visibility improvement. The whole road is coloured along, not just a fine line alongside the road. I think the completed section of the route was now blue rather than light grey that blended into the background. Roads not on the route still just have a fine line alongside the road.
  • The lightest setting of lane-keeping assist now tugs more strongly at the wheel, or so it seems.

Also as previously noted:
  • new font - not one I prefer but no issue. Font is on screen and HUD. The smallest lettering still has the old font.
  • as noted in the instructions, I had to reactivate the personal assistant but it remembered my word

Its OTA download ("preparation" in BMW speak) only operates when the car is driving, but picks up nicely if interrupted when you stop somewhere. Installing the app - it warned will take around 20 minutes with the car disabled for the duration. I went to a meeting while it installed and it was finished fine with the car off. So, pretty good as updates go. (I worked in IT and have seen some terrible updates!)

*Walkerism

2021 International BMW Club of the Year

Opinions are personal, not those of the club

Last edited by pw4; 10-16-2023 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: Added detail + added lane-keeping assist
Appreciate 0