View Single Post
      11-28-2023, 08:50 AM   #3
540fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82, BMW 540iT E39

I’ll comment to the general issue of the fire. My friends shop just burned because a wrecked car stored inside by a towing company that rented space combusted after two months of being inside. All caught on video as it started. It damaged a number of cars, and others that were at the front of the building have smoke damage and soot. Every vehicle inside is a write off even though they star, run, and can drive.

Vehicles that were inside but not directly damaged by the fire…
Mercedes Coupe
Chevy 3500 High Country Crew Cab long bed diesel
Escalade
Porsche Cayenne
Audi S4 V8 POS… Probally a sympathy death…
65 mustang (May be repaired because it lacks electronics.

Two insurance company fire investigators have said the vehicl are totaled because of the smoke and carbon that coats the electronics and can cause fires and or cause gremlins…

So look at it another way…

Your car was in a structure that burned, it was damaged even though it runs and drives. You are already seeing issues related to the fire.

Why put you and your family in it and find out the airbags decide not work in a crash or it decides to burn down later. Have them write it off and get another vehicle, it’s not worth the risk or headache.

Same fire investigators told my firend that every piece of electronics (computers, printers, copier, etc… are toast even though they work just fine and were in the offices up front. they said those can ignite anytime or never because of the carbon coating on the electronics…. My friend left immediately went home and got everything and brought it back, then went and bought new computers.

Don’t take the chance because unfortunately, we drive iPads these days and they are full of electronics. That’s why “good” cars get written off so easily by insurance companies.

some examples…. The Mercedes is just coated but will be a goner. The Audi POS wasn’t running and thankfully will never run again…

That’s why we buy insurance…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0