View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 12:28 PM   #55
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
From what I've seen over the past 7yrs between the F87 and now G87 forums is that it really doesn't matter what other cars are actual competitors with the M2. I've seen potential M2 buyers bail out and get everything from an M3/4, an X3/4M as well as getting into any number of Audi and MB cars, crossovers and SUVs instead for one reason or another. Some have even gone domestic and gotten Cadillac's, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc.

If it was not for the difficulty of acquiring an allocation, even as an employee, I would prefer a manual P’car over a G87. Clearly the purchase price is significantly higher and truthfully I am uncertain that it is worth it for a car that will ever see its full potential on a track. One can only do so much legally on public roads so it basically comes down to stroking our egos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
A lot of choices available and as mentioned the last 7yrs or so you are not limited to a sports sedan if you want performance with your daily or soccer mom car.

I mean... an X3 M Competition... and SUV with a S58 with X-Drive that will rocket to 60 in 3.3? Actually head scratcher that they have no plans for an M2C or X-Drive when people are asking for it but they offer up an X3M Competition and no one asked for it.

M2 is in that spot that depending on spec... +10-15k more and you have many other choices and features.

You cannot realistically compare a midsize M SAV to what is the smallest M sports coupe. Clearly BMW’s marketing logic is if they do not fully scratch the itch with one product then they have got others. There are multiple options.

Last edited by T_U_D; 03-20-2023 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0