View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 07:35 AM   #17
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigterm2.0 View Post
600+whp? ...how much +? Where does this turbo top out? I have been reading that the stock internals/bottom end can handle almost 700whp (depending on how well it's been maintained of course).

I'm looking for a target of 650-675whp... I want to max the stock bottom end. Was this 600+whp setup done without any additional fueling (i.e., port injection)?

Does this DAW turbo require any additional fabrication (i.e. modded downpipe, charge pipes, intake, aftermarket exhaust manifold)?

I would like to not have to modify any of that stuff as I have purchased some things already and don't want to toss them because different mounting location for the turbo.

EDIT---

...sorry I went to their website, as I should have in the first place... They answered all of my questions, except fueling.

Do we need port injection to hit the 650whp mark? Or would the Dorch 2.5 handle 650whp?
You're going to need PI or larger injectors to hit 650 whp. I had Stg 1 Nostrums and a new DAW Ultra Flow just installed and have my base map ready. Should land around 680 whp on E40. I do have a Pure Stg 1 trans, so I'm not concerned about that.