10-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #104
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by themk View Post
99K without carbon pack after taxes and fees.
Holy hell and that is 6MT. This proves a point I made in the reveal thread. These cars are going to have serious sticker shock due to post-COVID supply chain pricing realities. My 2021 M2 that I plucked off the lot before COVID insanity cost me a Civic Si less than the G87. I had a deposit down but pulled it after seeing the reveal. Just not for me, at least not yet. At $100K I'm honestly considering an X3M just for the kids and what not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
But how many people actually want to order the car with the M driver’s package.Doesn’t it just increase the top speed?They should of just allowed these items to be ordered individually.
I *believe* it also includes a CF strut brace that used to be included on S55 models
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
The BMW G87 M2 is a one-off car. They are not built for mass production. I'm not surprised BMW did not set the base at $65K.
What? Yes they are. By that metric the F87 is not mass production either. These are mass production cars. They will build as many as people order. My issue is more that you either get a seriously unequipped M2 at a reasonable price or nicely equipped one for a price comparable to more upscale cars. BTW I was still expecting it to be expensive. Demand is high, and stuff costs more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
Remember the M240i is the MPERFORMANCE model helps people get there foot into the door at M. Nothing wrong with the M240i it's about $20K cheaper. Remember BMW now sales the MP cars under the M umbrella and consider them track capable. .
Completely agree here, and it's 99% of what you need. You can equip a ton of M bits on those cars. This is 100% the strategy and why we see astronomical G87 pricing.

EDIT; can someone re-up the guide?

Last edited by stefan; 10-13-2022 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0