View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 09:04 AM   #32
Kaizer84
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
This is the goofiest discourse on the planet.

All the pearl-clutching because a cheaper, just-as-fun car is getting a feature traditionally reserved for a car out of the average person's budget...? Absolutely cringe-worthy hill to die on.

It's apparent that most //M owners are just spazzing that their 'special' car is 'less special', whereas in reality, the average non-car person couldn't differentiate between a similar color 330i/M340i/M3, let alone a CF roof vs a normal sunroof model. Asinine outrage, lol; Porsche and MB also slap CF on any model they want.

And all of this is happening in a world where the M-Lite B58 is almost identical to an //M S58 on every road but a race track. In my mind, it's simple: BMW's making cool cars financially feasible and enticing again in a world where an //M is simply out of reach.

Ehhh, I don’t think there is any “pearl clutching” going on, it’s just like the OP stated- acknowledging the fact that the “M”brand has been watered down- plain and simple. Once they started the whole M340i etc, that was it. Why not call it a 340i? Why put the “M” designation when in actuality it isn’t an M? Just look at the abomination of a car the XM, wtf is that??? Gimme a break. Go ahead and put M on every single thing now, who cares. The brand has gone down the drain and the once revered “M” badge/division doesn’t hold the same stature as it once did. It is what it is.
Appreciate 0