View Single Post
      02-19-2024, 07:50 PM   #10
pg80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA View Post
There was this blog article from last August that might be a reason for ongoing misinformation ...
https://www.bmwblog.com/2023/08/09/2...et-idrive-8-5/

... which says According to a BMW dealer, the BMW iDrive 8.5 will be available for the 2024 Model Year 2 Series as an update.

Most dealers in my experience are not a great source of product information, as their focus is on selling cars, making money. The product (and accurate information about it) is a bit secondary. And in this case, what the dealer apparently told him turned out to be false.

Not great "journalism" (he describes himself as a journalist, and founder of the site) that he didn't get better, more official confirmation, and that the article is still as is, uncorrected.

I have a 2024 with iDrive8, and from what I've seen 8.5 is a minor improvement to the UI, but not drastic. The changes might be all UI, meaning cosmetic, not actual new/different functions we would be "missing out" on with iDrive8.

So while I was also disappointed that mine didn't have 8.5 for those minor improvements, I didn't see it as a reason to forgo delivery.
Unfortunately, for me I think 8.5 just looks nicer visually it looks more finished at this point. I think I’m still going to accept delivery the interface isn’t the reason ordered the car in the first place. I’m just disappointed about it. I also read that at some point BMW was going to update the M40i cars to the M version of iDrive but now I’m questioning that as well i’m not sure if anyone else has heard anything about that because that’s what I am really after but I’m wondering since it doesn’t run 8.5 if it will happen at all for the cars locked at 8
Appreciate 0