View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 09:27 AM   #83
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRoger View Post
mustang is called a rustang for a reason. It's an insult to any german car to be compared to american muscle cars.

Comparison to a Kia or one of the Kia sport models would be mora appropriate for a mustang to go against.

I actually feel offended.
From a driving and fun perspective there isn’t much in it between the two cars. From a car enthusiast perspective who wants a good track car, brand doesn’t matter. “My brand is better than yours” car meets is where you will find lots of car snobs masquerading as car enthusiasts.

We have everything from 20 year old Honda Civics to classic Lamborghinis and million dollar plus track cars in our track day club. Incomes from below average wage to multi millionaires with significant car and aircraft collections.

With both our track cars broken last year, my son and I drove an old Toyota Echo with slicks and major camber, it was as fast around the corners as the ///M cars, just slow everywhere where acceleration was required. We called it “The Backup Car” a-la Grand Tour and Top Gear.

My road legal track car has a 2 litre 4-cylinder Ford engine, but there is nothing that BMW makes for sale to the public that will keep up with it on any normal road course when the vehicles are driven by the same driver.
Appreciate 1