View Single Post
      07-07-2021, 07:31 AM   #270
Giom
Private
Rep
Drives: renault fluance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I agree. Although to be fair, a lot of cars look better in person than in pictures. (Also, BMW needs to hire a better press photographer. All of their press photos are terrible, same for the G8x).

What I'm interested in, since BMW's specifically look better in person than in pictures, is how the design process at Munich transpires. Is it a process of revisions and ultimately a "ah yes, this is it.... and yes, we trust it'll look good in person".
I'd also love to know the inner workings of this process. I do know they review hundreds of sketches which then get reduced to 5 or so scale models and finally one or two full sized clay models. All the while, BMW head of design and board members get their say and changes are made till, I guess, all head honchos are happy.

What I'm pretty sure about, is that the actual designer has very little say in the end. Weather that's a good thing or bad, I simply don't know.

All I know is that the cars that do come out the factory are well thought out, if very misunderstood (at first), but definitely forward looking.
Appreciate 2
wtwo318043.00
pyrat15194.50