09-04-2022, 12:14 PM   #11
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
You just made his point.
Huh? I'm saying the performance increase is not worth the loss in MPG. If you added 100hp to a 200hp car and lost 25% that would totally be worth it, adding like 40hp at the top end and losing 25-30% is just not worth it to most.

Quote:
When I get the M2 I'll invite you to hang and show you how to use every bit of power the S58 has on the street and leave with a perma-grin on your face.
Where in Chicago can you use that power? I live in River North... are you just racing to the next stop light? In that case the AWD of the G42 would be a better move. If you go to Joliet and race on the Autobahn every week, yes, you'd have a much bigger grin than the the M240i. I would hope so for the $10K on top.

Quote:
Wishes it handled like an M2, doesn't want an M2.
Yes, the M2 is more track focused it will handle better, never said it wouldn't... once again for $10K more it better. The question is how often can you actually use the better handling in stop and go Chicago traffic...

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing a BMW engine to an Acura? Now that's funny, but also a false equivalency. That's like saying a newborn is better than a toddler since it eats less and sleeps more, it's far more efficient.
No, the comparison is that engine power and efficiency tend to be related, but not fully. There's plenty of 300hp cars with worse MPG than 350hp ones, same with 250hp vs. 200hp or 350hp vs. 400hp, etc. Some just have more tech these days.

Quote:
Hey that's great, no one is saying you should get an M2. Not everyone wants or needs an M car. I just have one question to ask. If you are not interested in an M2 what are you on the G87 forum instead of the G42? Did you get lost or something?
One can be interested in learning about a car, but not purchasing it. I'm curious as to what options might 'trickle down' or be available as upgrades to the M240i. If they made a M2 light with upgraded suspension and a B58 for $5K more, I would be all over it, but it appears that will not happen.

Quote:
Let me help you find your way back.
You seem really defensive... it's just a car lol. Living in downtown Chicago cars are the least efficient form of transit anyways. My address has a 99 Walk Score and 100 Transit Score. I road 35 miles on my bike and made like 10 stops yesterday. That would be very difficult in a car finding parking and with the traffic I zipped by. A dedicated parking spot in my building is over $400 a month too as cars just don't make sense downtown. I plan to get a G42 when I buy a townhouse with a 2 car garage in a few years (and even then it will barely get used, more of a toy).

If you actually lived in the burbs it would make 10x more sense though. Growing up there, you are completely car dependent to do anything.
Appreciate 0