View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 08:42 AM   #22
bromudez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
There is no debate needed. You are simply saying you personally don't want an M2. You want better mpg, because you need a more efficient vehicle. B58 has plenty of power for your situation. You also want awd for winters.

That is great. You have now repeated these same points multiple times.

Now there are others that live in places where they can access the power more often. Also places to appreciate the superior suspension on some nice back roads or canyon driving. Also BMW community is full of owners who attend multiple HPDE events a year. M2 is great all arounder that is cheaper than a M4, with a more lively shorter wheelbase. The two backseats come in handy from time to time as well.

Your current situation is different, no debate needed. Doesn't mean there isn't a use case for the M2 for other owners. I live in a city, with canyon roads less then 45mins away and an endless amount of tracks to visit. I would much prefer the better handling car and the increased cooling of the S58 for hot summer track days. What ever floats your boat, enjoy your G42.
All great points but I'd argue the use case isn't overly important to a lot of M car buyers anyway.

Many owners will never track their cars and just want something they perceive to be "special", fun when they want it to be. It doesn't hurt that these cars also look damn good.

M240 is a great car but as a former owner myself, no amount of rationalizing based on xDrive practicality or inability to access the full capabilities of a full fat M car as a a daily driver in the city stopped me from developing a sore neck from staring at M2s on the road =))
Appreciate 0