View Single Post
      10-30-2023, 02:08 PM   #10
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

IT's been probably close to 20 years. Went for my little bros' wedding to a local. We went a week early and stayed somewhere on a beach, in a BNB-type situation. Stilts up to our flat. Big lizards haging on the bottom step. Fisherman came late afternoon and we bought what we wanted to eat that night, then fired up the BBQ. It was, for me, the second-best place I'd ever been.
Wife HATED it. No A/C, bathroom didn't flush if it rained, had to bring up a 5-gallon from the pool to pour in and flush.

Each morning I walked 100 yards down to the beach and went for a run, then jumped in the surf. Locals had put a cement table in the jacuzzi (not heated) and the water level was about 1" over the table top. Sit at the table and have a drink.

For the wedding, we moved up to some mountain-type resort. Much cooler weather, more facilities.

Wife HATED that too, but mostly because of who my brother was marrying. We are not allowed to go back to CR at this point, still