View Single Post
      01-13-2023, 11:30 AM   #1
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

M CEO Frank van Meel hints of a next generation M2 EV ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This is interesting stuff and I'm intrigued to see what wizardry they be able to do with an M car that has 4WD, independent EV motors for each wheel. That said even if they offered an EV M2 today I'd still get the G87 ICE car. If you have to ask why then I guess you don't get it yet.
Quote:
It’s possible that this technology could find its way into an EV successor to each current M car, which raises the intriguing proposition of a quad-motor, compact coupé in the vein of today’s M2 – a model that stands to benefit most obviously from the compact footprint, low centre of gravity and even weight distribution afforded by such a powertrain.

Van Meel hinted that such a car is on the cards, telling Autocar that M “will try to also offer in the future cars in this price range”, referring to the M2’s £60,000 starting price as the gateway to the M line-up.

Given that the second-gen M2 (M’s final pure-combustion car) is only just on its way to dealerships, an EV successor would no doubt be several years off, but the model’s critical and commercial success means BMW is unlikely to retire it after only two iterations.
Source: BMW M performance EVs to use radical 4WD technology
Appreciate 7
Mani5913496.00
playswcars3633.50
M3 boi3211.00
BMWGirlFL6292.00
Roch M4424.00