View Single Post
      06-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #48
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Nah. They are all the same for the most part with maybe Dodge pulling in the rear a little because of Jeep. I have owned good and bad from all the domestics as there's not much to choose between them as you nearly always get build and interior quality a level below the Japanese and Germans and the key is to accept them on a value level. It's why the Corvette and pony cars are so great as you get a lot of performance for the dollar. Their SUV's and regular cars are only viable when highly discounted. That's kind of where the Bronco and Jeeps fail as they are overpriced for what are pretty shoddily put together vehicles. Doesn't change the fact that I wanted one because the Bronco is pretty cool and carries a lot of nostalgia.
What can be purchased new from Japanese and Germans, that can off-road out of the box to the level of a Rubicon Wrangler? The value is there for someone who offroads or does overlanding. I would not call the Rubicon Wrangler overpriced. Owners thrash the hell out of them rock crawling and they hold up quite well. They can go straight off the dealer lot to Moab and tackle some of highest rated trails. I would not call them "shoddily" built. Bronco longterm reliability offroad has yet to be seen, so far they are quite capable.
Appreciate 0