View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 11:25 AM   #26
sanddan52
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper s

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
You will not be competitive on the track with, or without, the ZTK package. Sorry, but the car is a grand tourer, not a track car. If you're not planning on changing the brake pads and brake fluid, you will learn this much sooner than you wanted. Will you have fun? Absolutely - with or w/o the ZTK!

I have the ZTK and I'd do it again, but even w/o you've got an amazing car. The ZTK includes:
  • horizontal oil cooler
  • upgraded fan
  • Micheline PS4S
  • heavy 8.5" and 9.5" wheels that look better than the other options
  • fender arches/flares which nicely accents the car's profile
  • increased top speed
  • larger calipers
  • larger rotors
  • worthless M lap timer

I've changed out my wheels to forged (19 lbs) and tires to 265 square with a performance all season (no tracking and PS4S is deadly in sleet).

I don't believe the car 'needs' the additional oil cooler, as I haven't read of any overheating issues.

The larger brakes and rotors help with cooling, not much of a difference in daily driving.

I would hate having a top speed of 130 mph as I often drive 100-110 out in the middle of nowhere in NM and AZ, and passing I will frequently exceed 130 as it comes very quick and easy with the JB4 and downpipe. This shouldn't be an issue for those that never leave urban areas.
Larger calipers and rotors have the “potential” for better braking only a pad change away. Also less dust than stock BMW pads. In brakes, bigger is always better. Even for street driving I would rather have the best brakes I can get.
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR127.50