View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 06:42 AM   #4282
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
When you say lead time is around 3 to 4 months do you mean once you submit your allocation to BMW or do you mean waiting for allocation to getting your car.

I am on the waitlist at my local dealership and I am looking at a year wait (4 people in front of me). I was assuming once I get an allocation the wait would then be about 3 months for delivery but some have gotten their car a lot sooner and others a later. 3 to 4 months is not bad.
Mine is looking like it will be just over 3 months since order was placed (ie allocation came up and it was configured in the ordering system). Biggest variables seem to be timing of production being scheduled (mine got bumped up about 3 weeks sooner from expected build date), and then Status 165 - waiting for a boat - Mine took 3.5 weeks to get a boat, others its a week - thats just luck from when it gets spit out of the factory to when the next boat to your area is arriving. Originally I was told my car would arrive in June, but looks like late April depending on how long the lowering springs install holds it up at VPC. On a boat now.