Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Well, it appears a 255 square set up is good-to-go for the G42.

I just fitted 255/35-19 (Michelin PSS) on 19x8.5 wheels with an ET of 30 (OZ Superturismo LM) on all four corners to my brand new 230i, M Sport (yes, with the M Sport brakes).

I pulled off 791M Double-spoked black wheels off. Those fronts are 225/40s, so I was pretty concerned about the much larger size. (They'll be on eBay very soon)

I still need to drive it hard, but I did full lock, and jacked up the opposite corners and saw no contact, nor any "near misses."

The wheels push out more, even more than the rears which are the same size tire and wheel. I am very particular about where the wheel lines up with the body...I hate it when it looks sucked in the fender, and hate it "poking" beyond the fenders. These are near-perfect...I'd prefer a few mm inward on the rear, but they appear to clear the fender well. Fronts look perfect to me. Of course, style, wheel type, stance are all subjective. Rubbing and contact are not subjective and I think this setup is good to go regarding that.
Glad you got a wheel/tire combo that you like and fits!

Based on your pictures it looks like 18's should clear the calipers for a winter setup. Tirerack shows 18's will fit on an M340 so long as you don't have the cooling and high performance tire package.