View Single Post
      05-09-2022, 08:29 AM   #60
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundernight View Post
I spoke to my CA about putting a deposit down for the G87 and he looked at me like I was crazy for asking about it. Apparently, they do not take deposits for cars that are not officially released.. I assume this differs from dealer to dealer. I'd like to stick with my local BMW dealership, but not psyched about the fact that I could get screwed by long waitlists.

For those that have pre-ordered, do you consolidate your vehicle purchases under a single dealer, or do you shop around until you find an allocation or CA who is taking deposits? My thoughts are that returning to the same dealer would work in your favor wrt allocation, but honestly have no idea (this seems to be the Porsche/Ferrari strategy). If this is the case, I might simply wait for the car to be released before I put a deposit down with my local BMW dealer.
It is possible that the G87 will be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 23-26. Your local center should be willing to take a deposit then, if it officially debuts. If not then it might be best to locate another center willing to take your deposit as the wait-list are bound to get lengthy.

Note, no one has necessarily pre-ordered, those that have given a deposit have simply put their name in line for an allocation.

Last edited by T_U_D; 05-09-2022 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 1