View Single Post
      12-21-2023, 02:03 PM   #59
KC87ZB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post

The service advisor I talked to told me that in walking through the shop he saw a bottle of Techron was on almost every tech's tool box. He said while the dealer's parts counter sold some fuel system/deposit remover -- I forget the brand name -- the techs all used Techron. They bought this from a local auto parts store and paid retail rather than buy what the parts department carried and buy it at a discount.

At any rate I'm going to do what I can from behind the steering wheel to avoid usage that could result in a build up engine deposits. And I'll have the oil/filter changed more often. And once in a while use Techron. At some point I might have the tech remove some of the intake system so I can have a look to see how the intake is doing.
Do what you want but fuel additives will not remove carbon deposits on DI engines, which the S58 is, as the air/fuel does not pass across the intake. This is not a port injected engine and should not be compared.

Any SA at BMW that recommends Techron or anything else to limit deposits in an S58 is an idiot. Period.
M2siast5991.50