View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 03:23 PM   #4
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

There is nothing wrong with the brakes on this car. I drove 2022 M240ix at the BMW performance drivers school and they performed great. Did repeated panic brake stops from up to 60 mph and they worked as they are supposed to. The brake pedal is a little more boosted then some, but the pedal pressure was firm, but not to hard. I did not require any acclamation time to get used to them. The instructors were very excited to get this car in the fleet and they love the performance overall.

I have taken my car up to 100 and made a quick deceleration to 40 and the balance was fine, no big front end dive, pedal modulation was firm. Just did what they are supposed to do with no drama.

For street driving, no need for SS brake lines. For race track use, I always change over to SS lines and high temp fluid.

I suspect some wahoo reviewer on youtube decided to put down the brakes on this car with no basis and other reviewers piled on like lemmings. Such a pity, because they work fine. Now with the Carwow test, that dispels the notion that they are not great. They functioned fine and beat the other test cars (MB, Audi).
Appreciate 8
jpcoop364.00
ryo-250.50
Red_sir134.50
jbazz256.50
SN1P3211.50