View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 01:33 PM   #6
MJH2157
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Today was installation day. I’ve owned the car for about 2 weeks. It had a defective battery within days of ownership that resulted losing it to the dealer for a couple of days, so that coupled with work meant I pushing this project back a bit. I did paint the modified skid with a rust protective paint. Good news was they replaced the battery under warranty. The weather was nice outside today and I was a bit stressed about leaving the radiator unprotected for this long. Big thanks to MPR for all the tips and links to hardware. I bought the exact hardware he specified and followed his instructions. Everything fit perfectly as far as I can tell. I used the 5 washer spacers under the turner bracket and I have about 3/8” between the radiator and the backside of the modified skid. If I understood MPR instructions and photos correctly I removed the plastic shroud first and discarded it. My understanding is it doesn't go back, picture of shroud below?

I have to fault Turner for not providing installation instructions and I don't see any on their site at the product page.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0