View Single Post
      04-12-2023, 09:30 AM   #92
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

Quick update - my mats landed yesterday, popped the car into the warehouse at my office to swap out the OEM all-weather mats. I've had W/T floorliners in previous cars so I was interested to see how the TuxMats would compare.

When I laid the driver's side mat in, I was a little perplexed how it was meant to stay in place. Took a little effort to smooth it out at the pedal box. The trim clips are far more effective than I anticipated. 5 or 6 of those keep the mat exactly where it's supposed to be. It also comes with clips that have velcro on them m where you can stick onto the plastic sill at the door to hold the opposite in place. I didn't put them on because I didn't want the clips stuck onto that plastic trim, and the trim clips do a good enough job on their own.

The coverage is quite substantial all the way around both drivers and passengers side footwells and up the transmission tunnel. Added bonus is the "ears" that go up the side between the seat and the door. I suspect those are very good at preventing crumbs and other miscellaneous crap from falling into no-man's land near the seat rails.

Overall, I have no gripes about the mats whatsoever, and they're massively more useful than the OEM all-weather mats. $200 well spent I'll take a couple photos when I head out to my car at lunch time.
2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t - Fusion Blue over Slate Gray (Gone)
1999 Saab 9-5 SE - Green Silver Metallic over Beige (Gone)
Appreciate 1