12-24-2023, 05:53 PM   #14
Haneef
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Cross post from this thread as well: https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1903609

Ok so I’ll admit that I fucked up a bit. See when I did my testing it was abnormally warm out. Fast forward 2 weeks later and it got cold in the Midwest (like it should be) and the noise returned… I ripped apart and removed rear deck and I still heard the noise WITHOUT the parcel shelf in the vehicle. It just so happened that when I did my initial testing it was warm and my car doesn’t make much noise at all when it’s warm, so I was convinced the noise was from the parcel shelf.

So last week I took my car to the dealer. They confirmed they heard the noise and replaced the rear passenger shock absorber. The car still makes the exact same noise. They could have opened a case with BMWNA but decided not to (they consulted with me first) since I have a tuned trans. They advised I remove the tune and bring it back so BMWNA doesn’t void part of my warranty if they see the tune.

So I am I still experiencing the rear thumping noise after my rear deck lid fix. It is important to note that my fix DID permanently resolve vibration noises when blasting songs with bass, but it is not entirely the cause of the thumping noise I am hearing. I am busy the next couple of weeks but I will post here if/when there are any suspension updates. They tested another M240 on the lot and it also had the noise. I am not sure what year that was but I’m assuming it was brand new.

TO EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM! If you are hearing [...]
Thanks TJ. But just curious how only a handful of us are hearing it? Is it just our cars or we have abnormal hearing. lol.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Was about to force a dealer to do what you did. Well let’s see what my dealer has to say. Though I don’t believe they’d ever be able to fix. So I guess we got to live it. It doesn’t annoy me if I focus on not hearing it. But the car is a beauty. So live with it till I get the M340i in a year or so. I got the craziest deal on my M240i lol. Like, got the trade value you usually get at a dealer. So wanna maximize my use and swap when my family arrives to the US.

I assume the M340i doesn’t have this.
Appreciate 0