View Single Post
      01-16-2023, 09:32 AM   #223
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
I always thought Guards Red is one of Porsches signature colors and still popular.

I can agree with your statement now... but I think there was a time where red was "the" color to choose in any sports car. When I was 18 my first car was an 87 Mustang GT in Scarlett Red. 80s red was hot. Later it was Silver and the Blue. Now it's muted Grays and Whites it seems.

A couple of decades ago I would have and considered Torch Red for my 01 Z06. I love the Melbourne Red on the M240i... reminds me of my Scarlett Red of my GT and so sexy... like blood red. And when considering a Boxster I thought Guards Red. But it just doesn't match my personality anymore lol. Another color choice they should have added to the M2 beside PM... and even MW IMO.

Here is a link showing how popular Guard Red was/is on Porsche. I didn't realize how popular Mexico Blue was. I guess BMW was trying to make their own version of MB with ZB?

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/spoiled-for-choice/

Melbourne Red on the G42 above is such a better red than Toronto. Melbourne has great depth whereas, as mentioned Toronto can look faded in direct sunlight.

Edit, added pic. TR faded out in direct sunlight.
Attached Images

Last edited by T_U_D; 01-16-2023 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
Vaticous134.00