View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 01:37 PM   #46
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I'd take EVERYONE with a heavy grain of salt. My understanding is that Jackie Ding actually purchased the car, it's not a press vehicle. That's obviously going to introduce some biases (see: Thomas from throttle house and his feelings about the F87.)

In addition Jackie Ding absolutely stands to benefit monetarily if people are interested in his journey with the M2. People are more likely to follow along if he loves the car than if he were just luke warm on it.

Now, this is not to say Jackie Ding is lying to anyone or that his feelings aren't anything less than genuine. I'm just saying, everyone has biases and it's good to keep these things in mind when watching this stuff. Nobody is objectively reviewing cars.
Excellent points sir. That goes to why I was shocked when the thread popped up about cancelling orders based on the TH review. I didn't realize, until G87, just how seriously some people take these things, when they shouldn't be, IMO.

I gladly admit to giving Jackie more credence than the people in this video, but I also am not, nor would I ever, completely change a decision based on his input.

Grain of salt nails it simply.
LCDRJohn610.50
02M3ForMe4272.00
Moflow2484.50