Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
BMW advisors make good money and a large portion of their pay is largely based on what they can sell you. Keep that in mind. Of course they'll be nice, helpful, acting like they're looking out for you, sometimes getting something done for free....with the hopes that they can convince you to buy other services over the long term. I'm not saying any of this is wrong, but these people typically have $60K base salaries plus commissions. Some of the good ones are making well in excess of $150K. I know $100K-150K/yr seems like peanuts to most on a BMW forum (we all make $400K+/yr, right?), but for the common folks, that's good money. Why tip someone for something like this. It's their job to do an excellent job and they get paid well for it.
We will have to agree to disagree about tipping. Just because someone makes a nice salary doesn't mean that one can't show their appreciation with an additional gratuity.

At the end of the day all that this means is that I have selected a different road than you to travel on.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1992.50