View Single Post
      01-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #16
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTDG42 View Post
That is the thing, nobody understands why it happens, even the dealers. So they will just keep replacing them and the problem just persists. I dont know why some platforms do it more than others. I assume it must be related to the shape of the housing or a lack in adequate ventilation in the design. I dont really know. But I definitely understand they are not sealed with a vacuum inside, so moisture is getting in no matter what. You want them sealed from direct liquid water intrusion, and if that is happening, then replacement can fix it. But if its just condensate from the air, replacing it would be a very temporary solution.
I think the key point is comparison with other BMW models both current and past. I've had several 3 and 4 series over the years and the headlights do steam up a bit from time to time but with just a thin film of condensation not droplets like we are seeing on the G42. We have a lot of rain in the UK (who knew eh? ) and I've never seen anything like this on any of my BMWs.

Rumour has it that BMW in the UK has admitted to some customers that it isn't right and so I'm hoping that message has got back to the mother ship in Germany and a rework is in the works, but, as ever, we'll have to see.
Appreciate 1
PNTDG42470.50