Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenerbahce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Let's see how long it will take for DIY Kings chiming in and saying they can do it with a few kits and software upgrades for $25k less using an ordinary G87
It's all part of healthy discussion, and we can all look forward to that exact debate. And let's be real, the CS/CSL is never going to be the value play. They are meant to be exclusively priced, limited volume, special vehicles so there is no doubt someone will be able to build something better and faster for cheaper. However it will not be as special/collectable or retain it's value like a CS/CSL.
The car that retains its value is the "value play". The logic that "oh I only paid 104k for this car instead of 140k but then I spent 15k on tuning that will be near worthless when I sell the 104k car for $60k" is busted logic. Meanwhile the $140k car sells used for $150k.
Not directed at you specifically, just talking in general:

What is with all the focus on resale? I can't understand buying any car and not driving it every single chance I get. The only way these cars are selling for decent money down the line is if they have low miles and sat garaged way longer than they should have. You buy a CSL because the assumption is they drive awesome and are fun. Life is short. I'd be driving that every day and if the concern over depreciation outweighs that, then it's not a good car for me.
part of modern car culture, where people flip cars every 2-3 years and constantly chase the "latest and greatest" which IMO is a completely pointless exercise in consumerism.

buy the car you love, drive it for many years, maintain it well, enjoy it, don't sit around staring at what else you could buy.

It's not the stuff that makes us happy—it's how interact with enjoy the stuff in our adventures.
Swappy531.50
Tiz113226.00
trey1001125.00
F87EVO4033.00
manuelf352.00
PLF693767.50