View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 05:59 PM   #10
clevendore
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
I have 20% XPEL ceramic and absolutely no glare on any windows. Including windshield which has 70%
Thanks for all the replies. That's really helpful.

TJZ67201 and aiursblade would you mind telling me precisely which Xpel product that you used as there are at least a few Xpel Ceramics, and I've seen posts on other sites where Xpel owners are complaining about this exact same issue? Until I heard from you two I was convinced that this problem was not fixable. To clarify my original post, the glare off of the rear window defroster lines is only at night. Are you indicating that you don't see any reflections like shown in my pic at night ?

I'm someone who does my homework and thought that I was somewhat educated about tint before having it installed. I was shocked when I saw the glare, and even more surprised that even though there are multiple threads in this forum regarding tint, the glare off of the defroster lines never once came up in this forum.

I find the glare completely distracting, but I'm beginning to believe it's subjective as I've seen many posts where folks say they have the glare as well and learned to live with it. I'm trying to get to that attitude, but I keep asking myself why would I would pay to make the window worse, much worse than it was without tint.
Appreciate 0