View Single Post
      08-08-2021, 12:38 PM   #321
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
I've heard Leipzig for sure for European production. Additionally, I made the point not because BMW can't ship it and do it, it's just that they may not. I checked BMW Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile sites and in none of those countries is there a manual offered on the G20 3 series from what I can tell. Even in Europe it's only on the 318d from what I gather. So, my point is, the factory may not be set up to have two transmissions on the line and that may be something that is done only in one plant. Probably unlikely, but one can hope.
The only info i have read on the forum confirming European G87 M2 production still being done at the Leipzig plant is from MR.That is why i was asking ynguldyn if he has another source confiirming what MR. posted is correct.

There was a British publication that posted last year that M2 production for the UK would still be done at Leipzig.

https://drive-my.com/bmw-m2-coupe-fo...pe-m-1-series/

With regard to the manual transmission i don’t think it is difficult for the production line in any plant to be set up to install two different transmissions in a car.It would be great though if the manual was only manufactured at Leipzig.
Appreciate 0