View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 10:09 AM   #71
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

Maybe they had no choice? You have Audi with their S line that fills a niche between the A and RS. BMW had to respond?

Maybe BMW should have chosen another letter than "M" for their "lite" models... BMW 240S??

I would love me some S58 in manual but for me at that price point I'm not sure. Not comparing apples to apples but strictly on price point for me there would be other cars in that range I'd prefer... M340i, RS3, S4? As the price goes up, other needs and features come into play.

But for $50k range, M240i with B58 works for me even though I have to give up manual. Monster straight line performance. And a few clicks off the higher performance competitors like an RS3 while offering a comfortable ride for daily. Can't get into a B58 for anything under 60 except with the M240i.

If they only offered a B58 M240i in manual for $50k... that would be a special car... to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin13013 View Post
I hated when BMW started the M "light" thing! They knew that purchasers who wont or cant commit to what a full M car is but want that M status could buy in. That's ok but next thing you know those same people are telling you why full M cars are no longer necessary because they are getting 90% of what an M car is...yeah ok. Keep believing that. I wont even explain the difference.
Appreciate 2
eddj464.50