01-22-2023, 02:22 PM   #21
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgarrett View Post
As something that might help you widen the net of your search, the sport transmission is just a coding option, the actual transmission is identical, the only physical difference is the shift knob itself and makes no functional difference. If you have BimmerCode (or a fancier coding setup) you can code the sport transmission and Sport + yourself for just the cost of the software
Yes thanks I forgot to mention I had read up on this prior to driving the 340i. But in a thread I came across some people who had both, a factory optioned car and coded car, said there was still an obvious difference between the two. A few people said that actually. So there's still something different perhaps in the coding that's being overlooked since apparently the hardware is all the same. People who've never driven a 2TB car might feel a difference but are still not getting the full feature.

Coming from a car that IMO I've modified extensively I don't want to do too much to this one. Maybe get the MPPK/MPPSK and/or intake for a little more noise and that's it. I keep reading about people tuning and coding these cars for parts like aftermarket downpipes and getting CELs and when going back to stock it still not going away. With how computerized these cars are I'm getting the feeling it's best not to mess with them too much.
Appreciate 1