View Single Post
      05-21-2022, 08:18 PM   #69
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
For years BMW marketing distinguished M cars from the rest of their lineup as being the top of the line performance models. They not only touted all the performance features, but went out of their way to point out all the aggressive styling cues only found on an M car.

Over the past decade they started badging non-M cars with the M logo, then making M-lite models all the way up to the current M240i which has M logos all over it, M mirrors and a power dome. Now they're putting quad exhaust on non-M cars? If you go to BMWs website and click on M and you'll see these 'M-lite' models listed as M models.

I get that they're whoring out the M brand to sell cars, but they are literally cannibalizing every aesthetic feature that separated out an M car from the rest. Makes no sense to me.

BMW 1 Series Spied With Quad Exhaust Tips, Could Be M140i

the msport cars have been around for decades.

the real issue is that bmw does not use optimized rear wheel drive platform anymore. This kills the pure sport car and you get volume manufacturer. At this point M is severely impacted unlike ever before because of what's under the skin. Cosmetics are irrelevant at this point.

May want to read details of clar platform and the new one called Neue Klasse that is coming out by '25.
Appreciate 0