03-27-2024, 07:37 AM   #6
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 430D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
great cars, but lots of dogs on the market. Timing chains etc need to be considered and they have a habit of chewing through tyres.

Have you looked at Touaregs of similar era?
I'm under the impression that the 2011-2013 have the N57 engines? Same as I have in 4GC, no rattles on chains on any of them I looked at but both needed bit work, which In all fearnes I don't mind, I can do it my self and be done properly. Problem is with most cars a that age people won't spend money. One X5 I looked at rear suspension been done last year, seller was claiming one of the oil leaks was done but when looked under car looked wet. Now this might just been old oil that wasn't cleaned of shields ect. but until you lift it up you won't know. It wasn't picked up on MOT, it didn't have doggy one as other things was highlighted so alarm belt ringing. Looked at nice X5 on paper, one owner 107k, I was thinking perfect. Oh boy the wasn't a single panel on car that wasn't dented / scratched/, rear tailgate was very badly repainted ect.

I don't know much about the 3l v6 diesel in them VWs, I wouldn't mind getting discovery 4 for space if it wasn't for the crank made of cheese.

I don't think there is much out there that I like or is within my price range in that category.
Appreciate 0