05-19-2022, 02:09 AM   #68
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbazz View Post
I am also considering the Eibach set and the performance brakes eventually. Looking forward to your opinions on the springs!
I’ve had 3 brands before, Eibach MSS Height Adjustable and H&R

Eibach were a big improvement on stock, comfortable and had a good stance. They are more conservative really. On our cars the rear drop is 16mm and the front drop is 21mm. With the wheel setup now the front diameter is ~ 7.5mm less so ground clearance reduced by around 3.25mm. Combined with the 21mm drop it’s just over the legal ground clearance here (not so much for law enforcement but important for insurance).

MSS HAS are just brilliant and have adjustment to -30mm which is more than needed in my case and choice was based on cost, springs already being the right height. I’ve had several sets of MSS springs and would not hesitate to recommend them if you want a lower stance and more adjustment and retain factory comfort.
Fitment is a couple of weeks from now and will be done along with the M Performance brake and rotor upgrade, after that I’ll post pics and review and confirm the change in ride height once they are done
Appreciate 1
jbazz256.50