View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 09:50 PM   #35
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I just don’t get why you guys think this is a great time. It’s slower than an M4 RWD, which to me seems to indicate that a longer wheelbase works better on the G chassis.

Everyone seems so smug, but there is absolutely no progress compared to an M3 or M4. Not faster, not lighter. If so then what’s the point?

Those internet race jockeys comparing its time with the F87 M2CS will always have a hard time understanding the importance of tires. Each new generation of tire is 5 - 10 seconds faster than the previous one. Put them on the same tires and the difference evaporates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
its 15 k cheaper tho... 20 less hp... doesnt an m2 also wear narrower tires than an m4? Longer chassis will always fare better on a track w longer straights and turns... i would argue the m2 is a value even if the m4 is a better car... its a major upgrade to the prior gen m2 comp I had which was nearly impossible to drive fast due to how unstable it was
Tires are the same across the G8X generation...a change from the F8X, where the 87s wore narrower rubber. I too am a little surprised the car wasn't faster. I'll agree that the newer tires result in faster speed, especially tires engineered for the chassis as the cups are for the Euro spec cars (we don't get them here outside of CS/CSL). I'll not wade too far into the fanboy f**kfest. I've had an M2C and have driven both on track and both on the Ring. The new car is superior - even if it weighs nearly 2 tons and is made in Mexico. Having said that, it lacks the silly factor of the original. You can't measure that, but you sure as hell can feel it.
Appreciate 2
F80DK389.50