View Single Post
      07-05-2022, 04:56 PM   #1
MugenProspec
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

22 M240 stuck at the dealership for almost 4 months

I have been trying to get some help with a problem I have been having. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

In October 2021 I ordered a 2022 M240i. I spec'd it out to my hearts content. I finally got the car in March 2022. It completely blew my previous M240i out of the water. The new 2 series coupe's are just brilliant. Unfortunately only 2 weeks into owning the 2022 car my windshield was destroyed by road debris. The paint work and broken mirror have been replaced. It took about a month to get all that done but I can understand that with the supply chain shortage.

The windshield is another matter. There hasn't been any luck getting a windshield or even an ETA on a windshield. Now we are going on the 4th month of owning the car without being able to use it. I literally didn't even have it long enough to make the first payment before it was stuck in the shop.

I have talked to two dealerships parts department to see if they could do anything. I have called BMW customer support without any luck. I can't keep renting a car blindly with the hope that some time in the next 6 months a windshield will be available and I can finally drive my car.

Does anyone know of any corporate contacts or anything else I can do to hopefully get closer to a solution?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0