View Single Post
      07-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #13
Thundernight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

Following this thread. I too have a damaged windshield and have been struggling to get a replacement. It happened 4 days into ownership. A stone dislodged from a car who swerved into the shoulder. This kicked up lots of dirt/gravel and the impact immediately spiderwebbed the glass. Luckily it’s the passenger side and I can still drive without issue, but it is growing in size every week.

I called my local dealership. They informed me that there is no stock in North America, and they already have 5 other customer requests on back order. To be added to the order list, I would need to pay the deposit in full and they were transparent that it could be months before the new glass comes in. They quoted me $1,650 for parts and labor.

I also called safelite and they claim to have sent the request to their procurement team. Their website did not have the G42 as a selectable option, so calling them directly was my only option. They too did not have any stock and could not provide any timing as to when either an OEM or aftermarket replacement would be available.

Seems that we are stuck in this situation until BMW can get ahead on parts production. It sucks that this happened so early into ownership. It also really concerns me how easily the windshield cracked and how many other people are experiencing the same damage. Maybe it’s bad luck playing a role, but you’d hope for slightly more durable glass.
Appreciate 1