Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
I understand wanting OEM, but if it was me I'd just get any available glass. Why? Because windshields get broken all the time. Get aftermarket now and hopefully by the time the next one gets broken OEM will be available. Chances are you won't even care by then anyway. Leaving the car in the shop for months is costing you depreciation that you won't ever get back.
I'm not sure there are any other options available yet. There weren't a while ago when I looked into replacements. Thankfully I was able to have mine repaired before it got too bad.
Yikes! I better not follow close to any trucks. Hard to avoid around here on the numerous 2-lanes though.
Got my windshield covered with STEK film first week I had it. Did it along with tint. On the way home from the detail shop a rock hit my windshield. Just left a small mark. I bet if I didn't have my windshield protected it would've been at least a star crack. Didn't even think about having a problem with windshield replacements. Supply chain is super messed up right now. Good luck y'all.
Appreciate 1