07-13-2022, 05:55 PM   #22
acouncilofone
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenProspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundernight View Post
.... It also really concerns me how easily the windshield cracked and how many other people are experiencing the same damage. Maybe it’s bad luck playing a role, but you’d hope for slightly more durable glass.
That is a really good point. I have been extremely surprised that the glass has broken on so many cars already. Maybe I'm an outlier but I have never had to replace a windshield on any of my previous cars. I have gotten a few chips over the years but not even so much a propagating crack. I drive a decent amount too, I have had a 50 mile commute for 10+ years.

The case that MULTIPLE people at the same dealership are having to wait in line to get replacement windshields makes me question the quality of the glass being used. I understand the supply chain is all out of whack across the world. However, they are making these cars daily. The parts are out there.

Further I am surprised that I haven't gotten a loaner car. I asked about getting a loaner right after it happened and they said all their loaners were being used. My friend had to wait a little over a month for a replacement part on her KIA K5. The dealership gave her a loaner car for the entire time her car was out of commission. I feel like a luxury brand like BMW would be doing more than the KIA dealership. I have called twice a week for 4 months to check on the status of the car and I ask about getting a loaner but I really am not getting anywhere with that.

If this had a been a part failure rather than something caused by road debris I could have had the car refunded three times under the lemon law. I am so fed up with all of this. It is ruing the brand to me.
I've never had the stock windshield on any car last more than 2 months in the past 10 years because of rocks (and no I don't follow trucks closely). I usually just treat them as a wear and tear item like brakes.
Appreciate 0