Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 240i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
I get it. I thought it was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg80 View Post
I’ve had my 24 M240 for about three weeks now, just shy of 500 miles and have to say I’m kind of disappointed with it. I’m coming from. A 23 x340 and the M240 it’s just not as sporty feeling the car is incredibly quiet in all modes acceleration feels dull in all modes except for sport + The x3 made more sound and felt quicker I don’t wanna be too harsh on the 2 series if you’re judging it as a normal BMW, it’s a wonderful car, but if you’re looking at it as a performance vehicle, I think it falls flat on its face I know it’s not the lightest thing in the world anymore my G80 is technically heavier, but it feels lighter than my technically lighter 2 series I was more looking to see if anyone else has had this experience if you share the same opinion that I do or if this was something that they’ve made a change for the 24 model year The car just feels like it has no edge to it. If you took the badge off the rear of this car, I would know no difference. I would assume it was any other BMW. I’m not even joking, but at one point I went to make sure there was a B58 under the hood of this car. because I couldn’t believe how quiet it was and how just slow it feels.
I had a F22 went to the X3( more practical) then missed the power/fun ! Ordered a 2024 purple M240. Didn't connect with the purple or the car. The car felt heavy and big. I thought more like a 3 series I was guessing. Went back to a F22 more fun to drive and that's the purpose of this car for me. I thought it was just me.

Hap
Appreciate 0