c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Minimum wage jobs are ENTRY, NON-SKILLED positions. No one is supposed to live on minimum wage. I've said it before, if one is at minimum wage for more than 6 months, they're pretty much a loser. As long as one puts in the effort and does a good job, they will get a six-month bump. Fast food isn't supposed to be a career either; unless one moves into management. Your local FF jobs are supposed to be for teenagers working their first job (or maybe retired peeps just looking to keep busy), not someone raising a family. Margins in the food industry are pretty tight and most of the profit is alcohol & soft drinks. Food and paper costs are much higher than one might think.

We went to Chipotle a couple of days ago. It was $29 for a burrito, bowl and a drink. For that money, we could have gone to a sit-down place. I read an article about a guy that owns a few (I don't remember how many) Cinnabon's and Annie's Pretzels places in the Bay Area. He said he won't be expanding as he planned and will have to lay-off employees. He also said that this bill will cost him about $476K per year.
I wouldn’t call these people losers. Unfortunately many people cannot be engineers, coders, doctors, lawyers etc. They are working to make ends meet. They don’t have the ability to elevate in society. I don’t think raising minimum wage to exorbitant levels is really the answer either because those people at most at risk for automation and losing their jobs. Then they’re homeless. My family on my mom’s side all worked menial jobs and multiple generations were living under one roof to pool resources to get by. Grandparents getting SS, parents doing blue collar work and young working age kids working whatever side or part time jobs they could get to contribute. They even took in foster kids for money. My mom dropped out of high school after 10th grade to work in a cannery. I was fortunate not to experience that but remember the stories well.

But if fast food is as expensive as a sit down restaurant, the only reason you’d go to a fast food restaurant is because you don’t have to get out of your car. I swear, a sit down restaurant can be a faster experience than visiting a fast food restaurant.
Appreciate 1
chris7197384.50