Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BMW Junkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
It's not fair to idealise an old school 80s car for its dextrosity which has none of the evolutions and respects none of the current legislations.

When you want a nimble car these days, you can buy a few supercars made of carbon/alu, or a kitcar. Leaving out AWD and AT are not converting a fatty into an athlete, not at BMW wich offers both the best Xdrive and AT that the market currently produces and at the lowest added weight.

In 2022, an E30 M3 is totally obsolete since besides it's nimble, it's nothing what the G87 will offer you with its much wider range of abilities. Or is there anybody here seriously believing that the E30 eclipses the G87?
Put a well maintained e30 M3, with a G80, a trio of F87s (OG and competition), a couple e34s, a spare e46 or two, etc. and turn them loose on a typical mountain or coastal twisty road (as our club frequently does) and I challenge you to tell or show me how the e30 (m3 or even 325i or iS) is obsolete in any real world way. Heck, we often have a guy in a 1997 e36 M3 out in front and it's hard to keep up!

On a high speed track, or in a straight line, yes. Or in the realm of automatic this or electronic that, yes.

But not as a drivers car.
Yeah e36 is the pinnacle if you ask me.
240x would destroy it in any situation
Except for like everything that makes a bmw not a Nissan 🙄..

Wait you don't mean a m240 do you😂
Mlite 😂
Mlite on steering feel, throttle response, and naturally aspirated goodness😂
💯 all of the above with E36 in the rear view 😆