Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
Please read my language carefully. I did not say G87 isn't faster stock to stock. I simply believe F87 has a higher "potential" because it weighs much less in stock form, and I've seen how light it can be.

OEM suspension modifications, such as wider tracks, stiffer anti-roll bars, and softer rear springs were made to G87 to accommodate the additional weight of the engine and the chassis. When you start stripping the car for race spec, that inherent weight becomes a liability, and whatever advantage the additional bracing had becomes less apparent because lighter cars simply have higher momentum when paired with a suitable suspension.
Oh pardon my lack of clarity too! I didn’t understand you said the F87 was “quicker” than the G87.
I meant you said the F87 would’ve been quicker than the F87 if it had run the same Nordschleife track the G87 did (which is longer, and adds about 8 seconds to the old time).
I was being facetious because you seemed to have implied “discounting the difference in track length the difference could be even smaller”, (paraphrased) where the truth is if the tracks were the same the difference would be LARGER. Get it?
Appreciate 2
aerobod3706.00